Updated Nov. 17, 2015:
Although Metrolinx has yet to publish a report on the result of their consultation, it is clear that they have already decided on some changes to station names. This is revealed by a report for the TTC’s Board Meeting on November 23.
A proposed 2021 map (click map to expand) shows changes from the consultation information provided by Metrolinx (see original post below).
- The station at Keele, originally proposed to be named “Silverthorne”, has become “Keelesdale”.
- The existing Eglinton West station is to be renamed either “Allen” or “Cedarvale” (the TTC will pick one at its meeting).
- The station at Avenue Road, originally proposed to be named “Oriole Park”, has become “Avenue”.
- The station at Ferrand Drive, originally proposed to be named “Aga Khan & Eglinton”, has become “Aga Khan Park & Museum”.
- The station at Bermondsey has become “Sloane”.
- The station at Victoria Park, originally proposed to be named “Wexford”, has become “O’Connor”.
- It is unclear whether the “& Eglinton” suffix has disappeared from all of the surface stop names because it was not included on the Metrolinx map either.
I will leave it to the trivia collectors to spot the stations shown as not accessible on this map where elevators are now under construction or well into the design stage.