Completion of the Roncesvalles reconstruction will proceed over the next four months from mid-March to early July.
The City’s Construction Notice explains the staging of the remaining work between Queen and Dundas Streets.
- March 21 to 30: Housekeeping work on sidewalks left over from 2010.
- March 28 to May 16: Sidewalk work on the east side of Roncesvalles south from Fern to Queen, and on both sides between Dundas and Howard Park.
- April 4 to 25: Enbridge Gas will relocate a main between Geoffrey and Howard Park on the west side of Roncesvalles.
- May 9 to June 13: Sidewalk work on the west side of Roncesvalles south from Howard Park to Geoffrey.
- June 20 to July 4: Road reconstruction on the west side of Roncesvalles from Geoffrey to Howard Park.
From March 27 onward, the 504 King service will revert to the schedule used in fall 2010 with a bus shuttle running from Dundas West Station to Sunnyside Loop. Southbound service will run via Lansdowne, and northbound service will run via Roncesvalles. In early May, construction will reach the point where buses can operate southbound diverting via Howard Park, Parkside Drive and High Park Blvd. Streetcar service will resume in July.
A related project, the reconstruction of track on King from Roncesvalles to Close, is scheduled to begin in late May and continue until mid August.