The TTC will implement many changes to its services effective June 21 including the usual seasonal reductions, another phase in the rollout of the Ten Minute Network, and new Blue Night service on Steeles West.
New Branch Names
The continuing move away from unlettered branch names on bus routes affects three more lines:
- 21 Brimley to Steeles via Scarborough Town Centre becomes 21C
- 63 Ossington to Liberty Village becomes 63A
- 67 Pharmacy to Ellesmere becomes 67A
Ten Minute Network
The following routes will have 10 minute or better service at all times except overnight:
- 7 Bathurst Bus
- 22 Coxwell / 502 Downtowner & 503 Kingston Road (combined)
- 29 Dufferin
- 505 Dundas
- 100 Flemingdon Park (to Wynford)
- 43 Kennedy (to Steeles)
- 45 Kipling (to Steeles)
- 72 Pape (to Eastern)
- 84 Sheppard West (to Oakdale)
- 89 Weston
- 95 York Mills (to UTSC)
Blue Night Network
- 353 Steeles will be extended west to York University
The Ten Minute and Blue Night changes were originally planned for September implementation, but they have been advanced to June.
Extended Running Times to Match Road Conditions
Some routes will get new schedules giving more travel time so that vehicles can stay on schedule.
- 505 Dundas weekdays
- 111 East Mall
508 Lake Shore
This route, whose PM peak service was suspended due to a shortage of streetcars, will not operate in the AM peak as a summer cutback.
Storage Outside of Yards
Wilson Yard is getting crowded through a combination of work to expand its capacity and the delivery of more TR trainsets. Four trains will be stored overnight at or near Downsview Station.
Storage of streetcars overnight at Exhibition Loop will be increased from 22 to 25 cars to allow for delivery of Flexitys at Roncesvalles, and space constraints at Russell.
Lift-Equipped Buses at Wilson Garage
The dispatching protocol for these vehicles will be that these buses are not used on routes scheduled for articulated buses (Bathurst and Dufferin), on single-vehicle routes such as Forest Hill, or premium fare routes. The buses will be limited to runs that do not stay in service for extended hours. This change was made unofficially in early 2015, but is now formally in place.
Route 107 Keele North will be changed from a Lift Bus route to Low Floor.
The lift buses are expected to retire by the end of 2015.
Service Relief Buses
25 Service Relief buses will be scheduled with a few from each garage to be used as required during weekday middays. They will be based at various subway stations around the system.
Pan-Am Games Route Changes
Several route diversion will be required around the secure areas of the games.
- 172 Cherry will not operate through the Distillery District, but will run via Parliament and Lake Shore to Cherry. This is the same diversion that was used when Mill Street was closed for construction in 2014.
- 29 Dufferin and 329 Dufferin Night will terminate at Dufferin Loop rather than at the Princes’ Gates. This arrangement was used while the Dufferin Bridge was closed for repairs.
- 139 Finch-Don Mills will shift from bay 13 to bay 15 at Don Mills Station to leave bay 13 for Pan Am services.
- 94 Wellesley will divert via Queen’s Park, Bloor and Spadina because Hoskin Avenue will be closed west of Queen’s Park.
- 106 York University will divert westbound via The Pond Road, Ian MacDonald Blvd and York Blvd to The Common because Ian MacDonald Boulevard will be closed between Shoreham Drive and Founders Road.
New Construction Projects
Road construction will affect two routes where buses will be given additional running time to compensate for congestion:
- 17 Birchmount: Construction from Eglinton to Lawrence (planned to end in late 2015)
- 86 Scarborough: Construction on Meadowvale from Kingston Road to Ellesmere (planned to end in late 2015)