The TTC will revert to its fall schedules across the system on the Labour Day weekend. The schedule period starts on Sunday, September 1, but the first weekday will be Tuesday, September 3.
The summer changes implemented on June 23, 2013, will be reversed and many improvements, primarily in off-peak periods, will start in September with more to follow later in the year. Because many construction projects are stretching the bus fleet thin, some improvements cannot begin as soon as planned.
Construction Projects Expected To End in Mid-November 2013
- Lawrence West Station bus roadway reconstruction. 58 Malton and 59 Maple Leaf are extended to Lawrence Station.
- Kingston Road reconstruction from Queen to Birchmount. Additional service on 22A Coxwell, 92 Woodbine South, 64 Main, 12 Kingston Road and 69 Warden South. 502/503 streetcars turn back at Woodbine Loop.
- Spadina/Harbourfront reconstruction. 510 streetcars are expected to return to Queens Quay Loop in November, but streetcar service to Union depends on another project (see below).
- Ossington Avenue track construction from College to Dundas. 63/316 Ossington routes will divert via Bathurst from College to Queen.
- Bathurst Street watermain work. 511 Bathurst will operate with buses. 512 St. Clair will operate with AM peak service through the midday and PM Peak on weekdays, and with afternoon service level through the morning on Saturdays.
- Dufferin Street reconstruction from Queen to Dundas. 29/329 Dufferin routes divert southbound via College, Brock and Queen.
Other Long-Term Construction Projects
- Subway tunnel liner replacement north of Eglinton. This project requires early closing of the Yonge line, but does not affect peak bus requirements, until the end of 2013.
- Warden Avenue construction in York Region affects the 68 Warden bus contract service north of Steeles until late 2013.
- The Esplanade is closed for condo construction requiring a diversion of the 72A Pape bus until sometime in 2014. A further diversion is required by the Second Platform project at Union Station until late 2014.
- The Spadina Subway extension affects 106/196 York University services, 36 Finch West, 41 Keele and 107 Keele North. This will last at least to the end of 2013.
- Metrolinx bridge work (Georgetown South project) will affect 73 Royal York, 89 Weston and 59 Maple Leaf into 2014.
- 509/510 streetcar service to Union Station will not resume until February 2014 because the Second Platform project blocks access for passengers to the streetcar loop. The track and overhead construction on Queens Quay and in the Bay Street tunnel will be completed during fall 2013.
- Metrolinx LRT construction on Eglinton affects the 32 Eglinton West service. This will last into 2015.
- Construction on Leslie south of Queen related to the Leslie Barns will affect the 83 Jones bus until the fall of 2014.
Seasonal Route Changes
- 101 Downsview Park weekday service ends.
- 29D Dufferin service to the Princes Gates ends. (This service was scheduled, but has not operated since June 12 because the Dufferin bridge at the CNE is closed for repairs.)
- 30 Lambton weekend extension to High Park ends.
- 72B Pape service to Cherry Beach ends. (This service was scheduled, but has not operated in 2013 because the lift bridge at the Ship Channel remains closed for repairs.)
- 86 Scarborough and 85 Sheppard East extended hours and route to the Zoo end.
- 509 Harbourfront summer service ends. The route reverts to the March 2013 schedules.