Updated Dec. 11, 2010 at 2:20 pm: The section on the site remediation report for the proposed Ashbridges Bay carhouse has been updated to reflect a June 2010 report on a possible alternative site near Broadview and Eastern.
Original article from Dec. 10, 2010:
The new Toronto Transit Commission dominated by political supporters of Mayor Ford will hold its first substantive meeting on December 15, 2010. Among items of interest on the agenda are:
- The Chief General Manager’s Report to the end of October, 2010 including updated financial and ridership data.
- Award of the contract for soil removal and remediation at the proposed Ashbridges Bay Maintenance Facility
- Lease of a property to house an expanded streetcar overhead maintenance department.
- An update on requests for service to Variety Village.
- Award of the contract for the Union Station Second Platform construction.
- A review of eligibility for the Post Secondary Metropass.