Planning for the Eglinton LRT continues as described in a report at the May 28 Commission meeting. Major points in this report include:
- Surface operation west from Keele and east from Brentcliffe with a tunnel between these two points. The exact location of the tunnel entrance, particularly at the west end, is still under study.
- Centre of the road alignment for the surface sections. This arrangement is substantially cheaper than an alternative trench arrangement (similar to that used on the Yonge Subway north of Rosedale) along the north side of Eglinton in the land reserved for the Richview Expressway.
- The carhouse will be somewhere near Black Creek. Although not explicitly named in the report, the Kodak lands in Weston have been rumoured as a site.
- The airport alignment and stations are the subject of an area study to deal with special considerations including two highway crossings and a future link with other regional services.
- Future work in this project will also include connections with existing and future TTC subway and LRT services.
The next round of public consultation including updated designs will occur in June. There will be six open houses between June 15 and 25 from 6:30 to 9:00 pm:
- June 15: William Lea Room, 1073 Millwood Rd
- June 17: Eglinton Public School, 223 Eglinton Avenue East
- June 18: Richview Collegiate, 1738 Islington Avenue
- June 23: York Memorial Collegiate, 2690 Eglinton Avenue West (at Keele Street)
- June 24: Beth Sholom Synagogue, 1445 Eglinton Avenue West (at Allen Road)
- June 25: Don Montgomery Community Recreation Centre (formerly Mid Scarb. CC), 2467 Eglinton Ave East