Over the past week, two people have commented to me about trying to use the 94 Wellesley bus and just giving up. Among the complaints I have heard are:
- The printed timetables are completely meaningless.
- Gaps of over half an hour in the peak period occur.
This is quite different from the rosy view the TTC system had in the wake of November’s service improvements. Looking at the Scheduled Service Summary I see that the headways are supposed to be:
- AM Peak: 12′ between Ossington and Wellesley Stations, 6′ east to Castle Frank
- Midday: 10′
- PM Peak: 16′ between Ossington and Wellesley Stations, 8′ east to Castle Frank
- Early evening: 13′
- Late evening every day: 15′
- Saturday early morning: 17′
- Saturday afternoon: 12′
- Weekend early evening: 16’40”
- Sunday daytime: 18′
What is ironic here is that the PM peak service west of Yonge is worse than it is during most other operating periods. On top of this, if a bus is missing or short turned, a gap of over half an hour results.
I know it’s a lot to expect that there are hundreds (tens?) of Wellesley bus riders reading this blog, but if you have some service horror stories of this or other routes, please let me know. We need to ensure that the TTC is actually operating its services properly, and not just the ones that had recent improvements.