The TTC has launched a page with detailed descriptions of proposed route changes that would take effect when the Spadina subway extension to Vaughan (a.k.a. Line 1 TYSSE) opens in late 2017. This includes a survey of riders what they think of the new routes. The map below is taken from the TTC’s site which has much more detailed descriptions.
Note that the station now known as Downsview will be renamed Sheppard West, and the next station to the northwest will be called Downsview Park.
Pioneer Village Station (previously known as Steeles West) will be a major hub as the terminus for many TTC routes in this area. Some routes will continue to operate through York University, but its function as a terminus will be replaced by the new subway station.
- All service now provided by the TTC north of Steeles Avenue will be replaced by York Region Transit operations plus the new subway.
- 105 Dufferin North will be cut back to end at Steeles Avenue.
- 35 Jane will terminate at Pioneer Village Station, and the 35B service to Black Creek Pioneer Village will be replaced by an extension of 108 Downsview.
- 195 Jane Rocket will terminate at Pioneer Village Station.
- 108 Downsview will be extended north to Pioneer Village Station replacing the 35B service.
- 41 Keele will be extended through York University to Pioneer Village Station. The 41B service to Petrolia and Canarctic will be replaced by 107 Keele North.
- 107 Keele North will be cut back to Steeles and will terminate at Pioneer Village Station. The 107B service via Chesswood will be replaced by 117 Alness.
- 117 Alness will be shifted off of Dufferin/Allen to replace the 107B service in the area between Dufferin and the GO Barrie corridor.
- 84D Sheppard West to Oakdale and Norfinch will be extended to Pioneer Village Station.
- 196 York University Express will be replaced on Sheppard by an 84E Express service from Yonge to Sheppard West Station. Service to York U is replaced by the subway.
- 106 York University will be modified by the replacement of the large loop around York U campus with a run through to Pioneer Village Station.
- Overnight services on 335 Jane, 341 Keele and 353 Steeles will now loop around the York U campus rather than only serving the existing bus terminal at the Common.
- 60 Steeles West will connect with the subway at Pioneer Village Station, but will not operate into the York U campus.
- 199 Finch Rocket will be cut back to Finch West Station rather then operating to York University.
- 36 Finch West will operate through Finch West Station.
Please leave comments about these changes in the TTC’s survey.