The TTC Board met a light agenda and little inclination to debate. As events at City Hall wind down toward the October election, there are no major decisions, and Commissioners in the Karen Stintz camp have succeeded in blocking any significant policy discussions until 2015. This leaves the Commission and Council going into the election and next year’s budget process without background information that could be useful in quick implementation of a policy shift in the post-Ford era at City Hall.
If it is any consolation, Stintz currently is polling at 3%, below the “don’t know” category.
Items of interest on the agenda include:
- The CEO’s report for June 2014
- How would the TTC use $100 million?
- Service adjustments for the Eglinton-Crosstown construction project
- Would early closing of the subway on summer weekends aid with scheduling of maintenance work?
- Free Wi-Fi on surface vehicles
- Scarborough Subway Extension update
Details on the debate and actions taken, if any, follow the break.