The Yonge Subway celebrates its 60th birthday this weekend on March 30, 2014. In honour of the occasion, I have scanned in a few transfers from the era predating the opening. With the exception of the souvenirs from 1953, these were rescued from oblivion when the TTC was cleaning house of old files at Hillcrest Transportation many years ago.
The Toronto Transit Commission Board will meet on March 26, 2014 at 1:00 pm in Council Chambers at City Hall. The Agenda contains a number of items of interest.
- An update on the Union Station project (Revised to add info from Metrolinx)
- The March 2014 CEO’s report
- Purchase of 10 additional “TR” subway trains for future demand growth
- A report on Community Bus services
- A proposed design for Kennedy Station’s interface to the Eglinton LRT line
- A report on a temporary bus terminal at Islington Station