Construction diversions on several routes will begin or continue in May.
504 King and 508 Lake Shore:
King cars will continue turning back at Roncesvalles and Queen, but will reach there via Shaw and Queen Streets. Watermain construction which last year caused Roncesvalles to be torn up last year moves to King between Ronces and Jameson.
The 504 shuttle bus will be rerouted and extended to run between Shaw and Dundas West Station bothways via Roncesvalles looping via Strachan, Douro and Shaw.
No date has been set yet for resumption of streetcar service on Roncesvalles, but this is expected to be in the late fall. The diversion via Queen and Shaw is expected to last to the end of August 2010.
502 Downtowner and 503 Kingston Road Tripper
The reconstruction of Bingham Loop, deferred from 2009, will occur this summer. Buses will replace streetcars over both routes until mid-August.
Replacement bus services will loop via Victoria Park, Meadow and Blantyre to Kingston Road. The peak service on both routes will be improved from 7’30” to 6’00”, but offpeak service on the 502 will remain at 20′.
22 Coxwell and 70 O’Connor
Reconstruction of the bus loop at Coxwell station requires the removal of all bus service. Routes 22 and 70 will interline, and all of the “O’Connor” service will run through to Queen or to Victoria Park depending on the time of day.
Existing interlines between the O’Connor, Gerrard and McCowan routes will be discontinued during this period.
Construction at Pape Station requires that the Pape bus be rerouted to loop at Donlands Station. Passengers transferring to this route from the subway at Pape will do so using on street stops. This diversion will last until the end of 2010.
The seasonal extension to Cherry Beach will operate during the evenings Monday to Friday, and all day on weekends and holidays. This will run until Labour Day.
512 St. Clair
The mixed streetcar and bus operation on St. Clair is expected to last until the latter part of June 2010 at which point the TTC hopes to restore streetcar service to Gunn’s Loop.
509 Harbourfront and 510 Spadina
The seasonal fare collection scheme on Queen’s Quay will be in effect until Labour Day. No fares will be collected eastbound on Queen’s Quay between Bathurst and Union Station on weekends after 3 pm, and there will be collectors stationed in the tunnel linking the Union Station Loop to the subway.
One PCC car will operate on the Harbourfront route on Sundays until September 5, 2010 between 1130 and 1930. This will run as an extra, and will be subject to availability of both a car and an operator.
Seasonal Route Extensions
- 72 Pape to Cherry Beach (see above)
- 28 Davisville to the Brick Works
- 29 Dufferin to Ontario Place (service south of Dufferin Loop will be split between the 29B Ontario Place and 29D Princes Gate branches)
- 86 Scarborough to the Zoo
- 85 Sheppard East to the Zoo
- 510 Spadina King short turn extended to Queen’s Quay on weekends
- 165 Weston Road North to Wonderland
Other Route Changes
- 25 Don Mills service north of Steeles removed (York Region request)
- 29 Dufferin trial service in Exhibition Place rerouted to operate via Manitoba Drive, Canada Drive, Princes’ Blvd., Nunavut Rd., and Nova Scotia Ave to Manitoba Drive.
- 224 Victoria Park North service extended to Elgin Mills (York Region request)
- 96B Wilson route changed via Claireville Drive
- 96C Wilson service removed from Thistledown Blvd. early mornings and late evenings
Service Level Changes
Many route have new schedules starting on May 9 primarily for seasonal changes in demand. The details are in a spreadsheet linked below.
2010.05 Service Changes