Normally December brings thoughts of celebration both for Christmas and New Year’s Day, but as with so many other things, 2020 will be very different. The TTC’s plans for the holiday period reflect these times.
Two notable changes:
- There is no provision for extra shopping service or an early pre-Christmas rush hour beyond what might be added through run-as-directed (RAD) vehicles.
- There will be no special late night service on December 31. Some RAD crews will be rescheduled into the evening in case extra service is needed in selected areas.
As usual, all school trips will be removed effective Monday, December 21. They will return on Monday, January 4, 2021.
The extra bus crews for subway shuttle service will be removed from Sunday, December 20 to Saturday, January 2 as there are no planned shutdowns for major construction or repairs. The regular RAD buses and streetcars supplementing day-to-day operations will continue.
The schedules to be operated through the period are:
- Weekend of December 19-20: Regular Saturday and Sunday service.
- Monday to Thursday December 21-24: Regular weekday service.
- Friday December 25: Regular Sunday service. Subway opens at 8:00 am.
- Saturday December 26: Regular Holiday service similar to Thanksgiving Day. Subway opens at 6:00 am.
- Sunday December 27: Regular Sunday service.
- Monday to Wednesday December 28-30: Regular weekday service.
- Thursday December 31: Regular weekday service with no late-night extensions. Some 900-series express buses may be changed to operate as locals depending on demand.
- Friday January 1: Regular Sunday service. Subway opens at 8:00 am.
- Weekend of January 2-3: Regular Saturday and Sunday service.
- Monday January 4: Regular weekday service including school trips restored.
Service changes for January 2021 have not yet been announced.