Since that blizzard of articles about TTC budgets and fares, it’s been rather quiet in here. Fear not! I actually have works in progress to tide us over the relatively quiet summer months until the political season heats up in the fall.
There will be a series of articles about the operation of the downtown streetcar lines looking at their behaviour over time, and reviewing how changes that have been made (or are planned) affected them. These include:
- 501 Queen (including the effect of split operation with a bus shuttle on Lake Shore to Long Branch)
- 502/503 Downtowner & Kingston Road (including the recent move to a 10-minute off-peak headway on 502)
- 504 King (including the effect of additional running time on service levels and terminal operations)
- 505 Dundas
- 506 Carlton (including a look at the effects of the College/Spadina construction diversion)
- 509 Harbourfront (including a review of the changes on Queens Quay)
- 510 Spadina
The TTC plans additional meetings of its Budget Committee and these will, no doubt, produce more details about plans and options for 2016 and beyond. I will cover this material as it becomes available.