Note: This article is based on the originally announced plans for Dundas West and these were subsequently revised. See the article at Dundas West Station Reconstruction (Revised).
The loop at Dundas West Station will see track replacement and reconfiguration of the 505 Dundas platform. There will be three stages to this work:
- Early April: Special trackwork replacement on Dundas Street south from Edna Avenue (the north side of the station) including the station entrance.
- Late April/Early May: Track replacement on Edna Avenue.
- Mid May through June: Track replacement within the station and expansion of the 505 Dundas platform.
During the first stage, the southbound lanes of Dundas will be closed from Edna to Bloor.
During the first and second stages all transit traffic will be diverted as shown in the map below.
- Routes 40 Junction and 168 Symington will divert to Lansdowne Station.
- Route 504C King Shuttle will divert to High Park Station.
- Route 505 Dundas will divert to High Park Loop.
- Route 306 Carlton night car will divert to High Park Loop.
- Route 312 St. Clair-Junction night bus will divert to Keele Station.
During the third stage, service will return to Dundas West Station, but with an altered arrangement:
- Routes 40, 168 and 312 will loop on street via Bloor, Dorval (one block west of Dundas) and Edna. They will drop off and pick up passengers at temporary on-street stops.
- Route 504C King will continue to loop at High Park Station.
- Route 505 Dundas and 506 Carlton schedules will be blended to provide even service at High Park Loop
- Route 306 Carlton night will be converted to bus and will operate to Dundas West Station using the same on-street loop as as the daytime services.
With the realigned 505 Dundas loop track and platform, the overhead will be shifted to match the new setup.
Although a date for resumption of normal service has not been announced, one might reasonably expect that this would occur with the schedule change at the end of June 2022.
I will detail other service changes planned for March 27, 2022, in a separate article.
TTC’s webpage for this project is here. (This link has changed because the TTC updated the page to reflect the revised plans.)