Updated September 24, 2013 at 11:20pm
Information has been added regarding the replacement of streetcars by buses on Lake Shore Blvd. in Etobicoke starting mid October.
Several service changes will take effect on October 13, 2013.
Service improvements are almost exclusively in the off-peak period.
Night Service Improvements
- 310 Bathurst service will be improve on Saturday nights / Sunday mornings between 1:00 and 3:00 am, and between 6:00 and 9:00 am.
- 320 Yonge service will be improved by the elimination of the York Mills short turn. All trips will operate to Steeles Avenue. Service on Sunday morning between 1:30 and 3:30 am will be improved.
Many construction diversions now in place will continue, and two more will be added.
Continuing to mid-November 2013
- Construction at Lawrence West Station causing extension of 58 Malton and 59 Maple Leaf routes to Lawrence Station.
- 510 Spadina streetcars replaced by buses between Queens Quay and King. Schedules on 504 King will be adjusted to provide additional running time to compensate for congestion at King & Spadina.
- Track work on Ossington affecting the 63 Ossington route.
- Water main and platform work on Bathurst requiring buses on 511 Bathurst and changes to mid-day service level on 512 St. Clair.
- Road construction on Dufferin requiring a northbound diversion of 29 Dufferin from Queen to Dundas.
- (New) Reconstruction on the Dundas bridge at Sterling Road requiring cutback of streetcar service to Lansdowne on Dundas and Carlton routes with shuttle buses beyond.
Continuing to mid-December 2013
- Road and track construction on Kingston Road affecting 502/503 streetcar routes, 22A Coxwell, 64 Main and 92 Woodbine South.
- Road construction on Kingston Road affecting 12 Kingston Road and 69 Warden South routes.
- York Region bridge and road construction affecting the 68 Warden route.
- (New) Reconstruction of streetcar platforms on Lake Shore requiring replacement of 501 Queen and 508 Lake Shore services west of Humber Loop with buses.
Updated September 24, 2013:
I asked the TTC why such a long shutdown was required for work on the safety islands on Lake Shore. Here is their response:
There are 16 platforms needing either lengthening, widening or both, plus shelter installation. In short, a large scope of work. Contractors indicated to us when this was tendered that they’d need more time if they were to bid, so we amended the tender based on that feedback.
Continuing to end of 2013
- Yonge subway early shutdown for tunnel liner replacement north of Eglinton.
Continuing to at least the end of 2013
- Additional buses and running time on many routes for Spadina subway extension project.
Continuing into 2014
- 509/510 Harbourfront/Spadina services replaced by buses pending completion of track work on Queens Quay and construction at Union Station Loop.
- 72 Pape diversion for Union Station Second Platform project.
- Additional buses and running time on many routes for Metrolinx Weston Road bridge project.
- 83 Jones diversion for utility reconstruction and track work on Leslie Street.
Continuing into 2015
- Metrolinx LRT construction on Eglinton affecting 32 Eglinton West route.
- 29/329 Dufferin and 316 Ossington buses turned back due to structural problems with the Dufferin bridge over the rail corridor.