Updated July 25, 2013:
The TTC has announced that Pape Station will be shut down from Monday, August 19 to Friday, August 30.
During the closure, subway trains will not stop at Pape Station. Announcements on board trains will advise customers of the changes to bus routings that normally serve the station. The bus diversions are as follows:
- 72 Pape: northbound buses will operate to Broadview Station via Danforth Ave. On its return trip, it will travel north on Broadview Ave., east on Mortimer Ave., then south on Pape Ave. and back to route.
- 81 Thornciffe Park: buses will use Donlands Station, via Pape Ave. and Danforth Ave.
- 25 Don Mills: buses will operate to and from Donlands Station, via Donlands Ave.
[From TTC Press Release]
The strike by the workers who will build the new floors is over, and this allowed the shutdown to be rescheduled.
Updated June 7, 2013:
The TTC has announced that the 12-day shutdown has been deferred because the Terrazzo, Tile and Marble Guild of Ontario has been on strike since May 31. The work planned during the shutdown included a great deal of floor reconstruction for which these trades are essential.
Original May 21 article:
The Pape Station reconstruction has run considerably longer than planned. In a recent poll, the TTC asked users of the station whether they would support a shutdown in order to speed completion of the work. Two options were given: 6 weekend shutdowns, or a 12-day shutdown.
The 12-day option won, and the TTC has now announced that it will close the station from Saturday, June 15 to Wednesday, June 26. Bus diversions will be:
- 72 Pape will be extended to Broadview Station via Pape, Mortimer and Broadview.
- 81 Thorncliffe Park will be extended to Donlands Station via Danforth Avenue from Pape.
- 25 Don Mills will be rerouted to Donlands Station south of the Leaside Bridge and will not serve stops on Pape.
Bloor-Danforth subway service will not stop at Pape during the shutdown.