On January 31, the TTC passed an amended version of its capital budget. There is a good PDF of the report including amendments on the city’s website as part of the Budget Committee agenda at:
Some noteworthy amendments:
- Funding for various studies and Environmental Assessments in support of the Mayor’s transit plans. This will allow some preliminary work to be done on the proposed network of LRT/Busway schemes.
- A North Etobicoke rapid transit assessment for which Commissioner Hall (whose ward includes the study area) has indicated a preference for LRT.
- A Finch hydro corridor study from Yonge to Dufferin (where it would meet up with the York U busway).
- A study of extending the Bloor-Danforth subway to the East Mall.
- Funding for the first stage of developing improved customer information systems.
The report details the funding issues and the shortfalls between what is committed by various governments and programs and what is required. Almost at the end is a chart showing the combined funding requirements of various programs. Note that it still includes a future Sheppard Subway project because the TTC has not (yet) formally changed their mind on the technology to be used for this.